Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dark Days...

Just a bit of self doubt, really. I've never been one of those that can just spew out any crap on the page and think it's gold. It may be simply because I tend to over analyze the things that I write and I let that get the better of me but, hey, I wanna be great. Note: not good, great.

I never want to be one of those guys who just sits there and puts just anything on the page. I want what I write to stick with people, to entertain them. To take them away from whatever crap is going on in their life and, for just a little bit of time, make everything better again.

It always astounds me when people put out stuff that's garbage, and they know it's garbage, and they don't understand that why it never took them to unparalleled levels of success and fame and fortune. And then they blame it on everyone else: the audience didn't get it, the company didn't do enough to push it, blah blah blah.

Well, did you ever think that maybe it wasn't that good to begin with?

I know that I'm not the best writer in the world but I'm certainly not the worst. I know that I can put out good product, no matter what it is. And more than anything, I never want to be the kind of guy who just never understood why their career never took off.

Now, if I could just bottle Warren Ellis' work ethic, everything would be back to neat.

Later Days

No comments:

Post a Comment