Thursday, March 26, 2009

And for me next trick...

So, writing project #1 has been completed and turned in. Now I’m just waiting to hear back on it and get paid. I’m not getting paid a lot, mind you, but still it’s something. It’s actually more than I got paid for that giant turd that has my name on it in Best Buy.

It’s always funny when I tell people that although I wrote a movie that is available nationwide, that I will never tell them the title and that I hope it was a colossal failure.

Also had another meeting for the short we’re shooting in April. It was a good meeting and we got a lot covered including who would win in a fight between Jack Burton and Snake Plissken. It was decided that that level of awesomeness could not be contained on celluloid and that the film would actually catch on fire when it saw those two titans together at the same time.

And that’s just science you can look that up.

And now back to focus on the personal script that I’m writing. I’m very happy to be getting back into that. I was hoping to shoot this flick in the spring but it might actually make more sense to shoot it in the fall. I want to have everything ready to go and running smooth so that we can just jump and shoot. The hardest part of filming this movie will be shooting the fight scenes (there’s three big ones and one little one), everything else is dialogue and we’re going to rehearse the shit out of those before we actually shoot anything.

The hardest part of preproduction, I can already tell, is finding actresses to play the female leads. I ask a lot of those two characters and the actresses we find are going to have to dig deep to pull off what the script asks for.

I also need a guy to play the main villain. And the character isn’t really a villain because, when you think about it, the main character, Frankie, is the villain. He’s the bad guy, but like they say, everyone’s the hero in their own story.

That’s all for now, babies.

Later Days…

No comments:

Post a Comment